SPORTS
06/21/2013 08:11 am ET Updated Jun 21, 2013

Aaron Hernandez Arrest Warrant Reportedly Issued (UPDATE: Conflicting Reports)

Conflicting reports surfaced on Friday morning over whether a warrant had been issued for the arrest of New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez in connection with the shooting death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd.

Citing an unnamed source, WBZ News Radio in Boston first reported early Friday morning that a warrant had been issued and that the NFL star would be charged with obstruction of justice. Hours later, the Boston Globe would report, citing its own law enforcement source, that no arrest warrant had yet been issued in the case. Ian Rapoport of NFL.com also cast doubt upon previous media reports later on Friday morning.

After initially reporting that a warrant had been issued, ABC News subsequently revised its report to indicate that a warrant had been prepared, citing unnamed police sources. Massachusetts State Police are expected to execute a warrant on obstruction of justice charges based on the possible destruction of evidence by Hernandez, ESPN reported late Friday morning, citing ABC News.

On Thursday, ABC News had reported that a security system in Hernandez's home had been intentionally damaged, citing an unnamed investigator. ABC News also reported that the emerging NFL star destroyed his cell phone before turning it over to police through his attorneys.

WATCH: Bob Holtzman, Roger Cossack of ESPN Discuss Initial ABC Report Of Arrest Warrant

Also citing an unnamed source, Bob Ward of FOX 25 had reported earlier on Friday that a warrant has been issued for Hernandez's arrest. Ward also reported that Hernandez faces an obstruction of justice charge. Several

Massachusetts State Police are expected to make any arrest,, according to CBS Boston.

Sports Illustrated reported on Thursday that "Hernandez's arrest is likely" according to an unnamed source with knowledge of the investigation. At that time, it was unclear what Hernandez would be charged with.

Also on Thursday, an unnamed law enforcement source told The Boston Herald that no arrest warrant had yet been issued for Hernandez.

Hernandez had been embroiled in a police investigation since the body of Lloyd was discovered near his home in North Attleboro, Mass. on Monday. The family of Lloyd, a semi-pro football player, told The Associated Press that he had a connection to Hernandez but did not elaborate.

Citing a law enforcement official, FOX 25 in Boston reported on Wednesday that "Hernandez appears to be directly tied to the homicide." According to the FOX 25 report, Lloyd and two other men were at a bar on the night of the homicide. The four men reportedly left together but only three returned to Hernandez's home.

STORY DEVELOPING..

CONVERSATIONS