We've seen factories and warehouses completely transformed into stunning loft homes. But even if you're space wasn't ever the site for manufacturing, consider taking cues from industrial style designs to add some character to your house.
These beautiful interiors combine material like metal, wood, concrete and glass to create a look that's one part edgy and one part chic. And these furnishings look even cooler when layered with their opposites: soft upholstered pieces, flowy drapes and feminine details. Scroll through eight of our favorite examples below.
1. In this Houston loft, the designers kept the ceilings raw and the exterior wall's brick exposed for an urban appeal.
2. Vintage industrial accessories, like these pendants over the island, give a new space some history and character.
3. A neutral color palette and sleek modern furnishings are the perfect way to achieve industrial design.
4. This DIY wall unit is made of plumbing pipes and fittings. Learn how to make it here.
5. Here's a creative use of a metal tool chest as a nightstand.
6. Corrugated sheet metal acts as an interesting wall installation.
7. Whoa, a custom stainless steel hanging bench.
8. Check out this cool bed made out of pipes.
Click through our slideshow below of other homes that used to be something else entirely.
Do you have a home story idea or tip? Email us at email@example.com. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)