We all had such high hopes for "Magna Carta Holy Grail." We may not have bought a new Samsung phone, but we were definitely excited. We even made a Carter Family coloring page anointing Jay-Z, Beyonce, and Blue Ivy as American royalty. There was so much anticipation. IT WAS A NEW JAY-Z ALBUM! But come July 4th, our emotions had changed.
See below for a timeline of the emotional roller coaster that was "Magna Carta Holy Grail."
1) At first there was pure excitement!
2) Freaking out in anticipation. Who needs "Yeezus"?!
3) Maybe feeling weird about the Samsung collaboration.
4) A July 4th release seemed pretty cool, though!
5) The fact that Rick Rubin appeared in the commercial, but didn't actually produce the album was a bit weird, but it was finally here!
6) And then you actually got to listen.
7) And you're trying really hard to like it.
8) For awhile you're tired of it, but deal with it.
9) But eventually you just want to scream.
10) And you just feel like this.
11) Instead of how you were told you'd feel....
12) Back to "Yeezus"!