Every woman is born with something that makes her special and unique. We'd like to believe Sofia Vergara's talent is being completely straightforward and proud about how voluptuous (and amazing!) her body is. She's one of those rare stars who ignores the often misguided advice of publicists (one told her to get a breast reduction) and decides to forge a path to stardom with the body she was naturally born with. Vergara learned to embrace her curves and even credits them for landing her "Modern Family" role.
Today is Vergara's 41st birthday, so we would like to take a moment to gather ten of her inspirational quotes that make us feel better about the bodies we were born with. Read on and heed Vergara's advice: If you've got it, flaunt it.
1. "I'm not against [plastic surgery] at all. But I think you should go into it more thinking that you want to look beautiful than trying to look young."
2. "I mean, a normal girl will just put the dress on and leave. I need them to be like an armory. My dresses are like a work of art inside because, you know, I am 40 years old, I had a baby and I am a 32F boob."
3. "And they are real still. When they are fake, you take the bra off and they are still there, perfect! Me -- no, so I have to bring them up! I have to build the dresses up to here so that the bras—ach, it’s a whole, der -- ugh -- tchah!”
4. "To be a pretty girl, to be a voluptuous girl, has opened many doors for me. I would be ungrateful to say it's all because of my brains and my talent. I have stayed working for 20-something years, so there must be something else behind the guns."
5. "I have many favorite body parts of myself and I have some that I don't like. For example, I love my eyes. I love my waist. But I also have parts that I would like to complain [about]. I'm a woman! We're always unhappy about something."
6. "I have to really, like, reconstruct [the garments] inside. At the beginning, I was getting sample sizes, which of course didn't fit and I would have to transform them. Those were works of art that I had to do with my seamstress. Because to make all this fit in a sample size is insane!"
7. "No one can be a sex kitten every day, and anyone who tells you that is lying."
8. "You shouldn’t do too much of anything -- that could mean working out, that could mean dieting like crazy. I mean, I drink alcohol, but like a little bit."
9. "My father told me if I did anything artistic, I would look like a hooker. I told him, 'With these huge boobs that I inherited from your mother, I already look like a hooker!'"
10. (On how other actresses look on the red carpet) "They might look better in pictures, but I look better naked!
Here are more reasons why we can't get enough of Sofia...