Cowgirls were pretty badass back in the day. After looking through Getty's compendium of vintage photos, we're ready to travel back in time, grab a lasso and head to the rodeo. Yee haw! Here are seven reasons it was great to be a cowgirl in the 1930s and '40s:
1. You got to hang out with your gal pals all the time.
2. That hang-out time usually involved waving your cowgirl hat around.
3. You knew how to deal gracefully with a bucking bronco.
4. And lasso anything that got in your way.
5. You knew that a fringed crop top and white cowboy boots were always the right choices for a photo shoot.
6. Your dating life looked like this.
7. And THIS ol' trick? NBD.
[H/T BuzzFeed and Messy Nessy Chic]