Animated movies and television shows have a way of staying with us. There's a certain nostalgia associated with your favorite Disney movie or Nickelodeon show.
And sometimes we associate actors with the animated characters they voiced many years ago. Jonathan Taylor Thomas will always be Simba, the same way Robin Williams will always be the Genie and Eddie Murphy will be Donkey.
And yet there are so many other voices we know and love that we just might have forgotten about. Check out 12 of the most surprising examples:
1. Scott Weinger played Aladdin. He also played DJ's boyfriend, Steve, on "Full House" for two seasons.
2. Best known for "Law and Order," Jerry Orbach played Lumiere, the candle in "Beauty and the Beast."
3. Meg Ryan played Dr. Blight in "Captain Planet and the Planeteers."
4. Andrew Lawrence, known for his Disney fame, played T.J. Detweiler on "Recess."
5. Before he rose to fame, Howie Mandel played Bobby in FOX Kids' "Bobby's World."
6. Mischa Barton played Betty Ann Bongo, a girl who simply loved to play the bongos.
7. Former *NSYNCer Chris Kirkpatrick played Chip, the popular pop star on "The Fairly OddParents."
8. George Takei played Kyo Heyerdahl, Phoebe's dad, on "Hey Arnold!"
9. Christian Bale played John Smith's sidekick, Thomas, in "Pocahontas."
10. Brady Buncher Christopher Daniel Barnes played Prince Eric in "The Little Mermaid."
11. Before she became a "Mean Girl," Lacy Chabert voiced Eliza Thornberry of "The Wild Thornberrys."
12. Tate Donovan played Hercules in the Disney film.
13. Pre-pop music, Fergie played Sally Brown in various "Peanuts" episodes and movies.