The latest twist in the neverending story of the Republican National Committee's opposition to a pair of television projects about Hillary Clinton turned RNC chair Reince Priebus into a figure of mockery by Monday morning.
Priebus vowed to ban NBC and CNN from upcoming Republican debates if they aired the two programs, even though both were being developed separately from each networks' news division. On Saturday, though, the New York Times reported that the television division of Fox in talks to produce the NBC miniseries. Fox News, of course, would not be involved, but there was still a neat parallel to be drawn.
On Sunday, Priebus spoke to CNN's Candy Crowley about the Fox involvement, and she asked the salient question about his stance.
"If we follow your logic, do you think that there then is a connection to Fox News and would they be subject to the same kind of scrutiny?" Crowley asked.
Priebus, of course, would be loath to boycott the network with the biggest connection to his voters, and he said he was only interested in the companies that aired the programs.
"The big question for me, Candy, is number one, which company is putting it on the air?" he said. "Who is doing the work?"
Unfortunatey for Priebus, it would appear that Fox could be doing much of "the work." By Monday morning, the folks at "Morning Joe," who had given him a mostly sympathetic hearing last week, were making fun of him.
"The RNC needs to understand that Fox is going to make the movie," Joe Scarborough said. "They're making it!"
"I think this little narrative is collapsing underneath him," Mika Brzezinski added.
Watch Priebus on CNN:WATCH: