We'd be lying if we didn't admit that we wanted to dress like a Disney princess at some point in our lives -- OK, at every point in our lives. Now we can!
Remember those Disney princess-inspired gowns Harrods featured in its windows for the 2012 holiday season? Well, those designer babies are now available for purchase. Disney and Harrods have partnered with Christie's to auction off the 10 stunning dresses to raise money for the Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity.
Paying tribute to some of our favorite animated leading ladies, top fashion houses collaborated with Disney to create the bespoke confections back in 2012. Here's the designer-princess breakdown:
1. Ariel (from "The Little Mermaid") – Marchesa
2. Aurora (from "Sleeping Beauty") – Elie Saab
3. Belle (from "Beauty and the Beast") – Valentino
4. Cinderella – by Versace
5. Jasmine (from "Aladdin") – Escada
6. Mulan – Missoni
7. Pocahontas – Roberto Cavalli
8. Rapunzel (from "Tangled") – Jenny Packham
9. Snow White – Oscar de la Renta
10. Tiana (from "The Princess and the Frog") – Ralph & Russo
Basically, it's a fashion and Disney lover's dream. If you've got the budget and the childhood imagination, we suggest you register for the auction in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Hey, your closet could actually become the happiest place on Earth.
See a selection of the Disney princess dresses up for auction below.
See how real life princesses dress!