"The Voice" returns to NBC on Monday, Sept. 23 at 8 p.m. ET, with Christina Aguilera and CeeLo Green reclaiming their spinning chairs from Shakira and Usher after a cycle off. After watching the Season 5 premiere, we can safely say that the four coaches are back in fighting form and arguably better than ever. Adam Levine and Blake Shelton's bromantic rivalry is still firmly intact, and many of the artists showcased in the first episode certainly have the chops to make it all the way to the finals.
Above, check out a sneak peek at one such contestant, Matthew Schuler, who may have earned the fastest unanimous "yes" in the show's history -- and for good reason. Read on for 10 things to know about "The Voice's" Season 5 premiere.
- After winning three seasons in a row, Blake is definitely in gloat mode -- but that won't stop the other coaches from mocking him.
- The four coaches kick off the season with a rousing classic made famous by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts.
- Adam's not pulling his punches with Blake this season, telling one contestant "I don't know who your coach is, but I know it's not Blake."
- In retaliation, expect to see Blake and Christina teaming up against Adam a lot.
- There's one cut to commercial break that will leave you in agony.
- Christina comes up with a very catchy song about beating Adam.
- CeeLo's reaction to one contestant will leave you (and him) in tears.
- One artist has a very famous sibling.
- Adam's attractiveness could be the deciding factor in scoring a contestant, and not necessarily in his favor.
- There's spanking. That's all we'll say.
"The Voice" returns Monday, September 23 at 8 p.m. ET on NBC.