There's been much debate on whether Disney princesses are the best role models for young girls. However, we'd be remiss not to give credit to all the tips and tricks we picked up while watching "Beauty and the Beast" and "Mulan" over and over.
From Mulan's DIY haircut to Ariel's unconventional comb, these damsels in distress knew how to get things done their way when Prince Charming was no where in sight. To prove our point, we've rounded up 11 beauty lessons that our favorite Disney characters have taught us.
1. Cat-eye liner is classic... and looks great on all eye shapes.
2. Having a bad hair day? Turn things around with a low ponytail wrapped in a bow -- instant mood-changer.
3. When you've got a strong grip, you should never be afraid to cut your own hair.
4. The secret to younger-looking skin is... honey.
5. Don't be afraid to embrace your giant curls.
6. A fork (or finger-combing) can get rid of those knots.
7. Hairstyling is better with friends.
8. Whoever said long hair is the standard of beauty clearly didn't meet Snow White.
9. It is possible to overdo it. Go easy on the eyebrow arching, purple eyeshadow and blush.
10. Air-drying is the healthiest way to dry your hair.
11. You can never go wrong with a well-groomed brow and flirty false eyelashes for a date night.
12. A handkerchief is an easy way to pull back greasy locks.
Disney characters have quite the influence:
Want more HuffPost Style beauty content? Check us out on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram. (For everything else check out our main HuffPost Style Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram @HuffPostStyle.)
Do you have a beauty story idea or tip? Email us at email@example.com. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)