Although you may think that skinny fellas have it made in the wardrobe department, the reality is, they frequently struggle to find clothes that fit and flatter. Though many garments are made with thin men in mind, sometimes pieces accentuate their slim bodies a little too much.
The issues thin guys face are certainly different than those of husky guys, however there are still some rules that they can follow to help make shopping a little easier.
So to all the slender guys out there, we've got eight simple rules for you to navigate the world of getting dressed.
1. Opt for shoulder pads. Though heavy shoulder pads can quickly make you look like an '80s secretary, light shoulder pads can help define your shape and add a little extra bulk.
2. Don't wear huge accessories. This goes for watches, sunglasses and bags. If you wear a heavy, chunky watch, for example, it will just draw attention towards your slim wrists. Instead, go for accessories that are proportionate to your figure.
3. Layer up. A dress shirt, under a sweater, under a blazer? Yes, please! The extra fabric will give you the illusion of having a bigger figure.
4. Stock up on heavy sweaters. Bulky sweaters can be your worst nightmare as they can make you appear bigger than you are Bulky sweaters are, but this can be a great trick for a thin guy.
5. Get your pants altered. Though your pants might fit around the waist and in the thigh, what about in the calves? That is usually the area guys neglect, but a quick trip to the tailor and a little tapering can fix the problem.
6. Buy clothes that fit. It might be tempting to buy clothes that are a bit loose in order to hide your shape. But in reality, if you're swimming in your clothes, it makes you look thinner than you actually are
7. Just say no to vertical stripes. They are used as a trick to make people look thinner, something you don't need to do.
8. White is your friend. Few guys have the guts to wear the color head-to-toe (especially because it highlights any imperfections), but slim guys can totally pull it off.
Take it from these stylish dudes: