1. When you spent more money on housesitters and dogsitters than on your hotel room.
2. When you lost your credit card on the first night so you spent the whole weekend on the phone with your bank while everybody else got to play.
3. When the time change made it so your flight left in the morning and then you arrived and it was… the next morning.
4. When you paid a kazillion dollars per day for airport parking, even though your flight costed 60 bucks.
5. When your family was just one person too big for the rental car, but they said you HAD to rent two.
6. When you had to speed-teach yourself a foreign tongue in order to fill out the customs form on the plane.
7. When, if you add it up, you rode the bus for the same amount of time you actually spent in your destination.
8. When you made a big effort to book a tour ahead of time, but everyone bailed on it and got pizza instead.
9. When you spent days suffering from dry mouth because you were never sure if the tap water in the hostel was clean enough.
10. When you spent a full year calling, visiting, and sending letters to the consulate just to obtain a visa for your two-week trip.
11. When you had to buy the 20-pack of thumbnail photos at Kinko’s, but you only needed one to get your passport. Now you have all these mini headshots of yourself.
12. When your luggage got lost so your trip turned from sightseeing journey to an international shopping spree.
13. When flying from California to Utah then back over California was the cheapest -- and therefore only -- way you could get to Hawaii.
14. When you had to take a train AND a taxi AND a shuttle AND then walk a million miles just to get to your airport gate and board yet ANOTHER mode of transport.