Bruce Springsteen announced his new album, "High Hopes," will arrive on Jan. 14, 2014. The record will include 12 tracks, including original compositions, revised songs from previous releases, and a few covers, like the title track and lead single, which you can stream above.
Following up on 2012's "Wrecking Ball," this will be Springsteen's 18th studio album. Accompaniment comes from members of the E Street Band and Rage Against the Machine guitarist, Tom Morello, who toured with Springsteen in Australia and is featured on eight tracks.
Springsteen wrote the following note about his upcoming album on his website:
I was working on a record of some of our best unreleased material from the past decade when Tom Morello (sitting in for Steve during the Australian leg of our tour) suggested we ought to add “High Hopes” to our live set. I had cut “High Hopes,” a song by Tim Scott McConnell of the LA based Havalinas, in the 90′s. We worked it up in our Aussie rehearsals and Tom then proceeded to burn the house down with it. We re-cut it mid tour at Studios 301 in Sydney along with “Just Like Fire Would,” a song from one of my favorite early Australian punk bands, The Saints (check out “I’m Stranded”). Tom and his guitar became my muse, pushing the rest of this project to another level. Thanks for the inspiration Tom.
Read the rest of Springsteen's thoughts on "High Hopes" here; the album's track-listing is below:
1. High Hopes (Tim Scott McConnell) – featuring Tom Morello
2. Harry’s Place – featuring Tom Morello
3. American Skin (41 Shots) – featuring Tom Morello
4. Just Like Fire Would (Chris J. Bailey) – featuring Tom Morello
5. Down In The Hole
6. Heaven’s Wall – featuring Tom Morello
7. Frankie Fell In Love
8. This Is Your Sword
9. Hunter Of Invisible Game – featuring Tom Morello
10. The Ghost of Tom Joad – duet with Tom Morello
11. The Wall
12. Dream Baby Dream (Martin Rev and Alan Vega) – featuring Tom Morello