It hits you, not always gradually, but often suddenly: That overwhelming feeling that you're just too damn old to commit to certain activities, especially while on vacation.
For those who are, say, 30 and above, there are certain activities--i.e. not just sitting and reading quietly in the sun and/or spending time running around after kids--that seem off limits, stupid even.
Herewith, 7 things you're likely not to partake in if all you want is a restful and sunburn-free vacation.
1. Banana Boating. While watching a speed boat dragging teenagers behind them on a tube while on a recent vacation, we couldn't help but wonder,"God, don't their backs hurt?"
2. Jet-skiing. Kind of like banana boating, but just no.
3. Horseback riding. The only joy that comes from this happens when you're under 15. Sorry, but it's true.
4. ATV-ing. Not only is this stupid, it's careless.
5. Not wearing sunscreen. Ok, a gimme, sure, but it's high time we all loaded up on the block.
6. Getting so drunk you can't enjoy the daytime. And no, the sun does not have an on/off switch.
7. Wearing anything other than a bikini, tankini or one-piece. The only people who can remotely pull off crazy bathing suits are celebrities, like Sofia Vergara.
Thoughts? What are activities you swear you'll never do on vacation again? Leave it in comments.