Here at HuffPost Women, one of the things we love most about Lena Dunham's HBO show, "Girls," is the incisive, witty and hilarious dialogue that Dunham and the rest of her writing team come up with every week. So instead of simply recapping Season 3, we decided to pick five quotable gems from each episode.
Episode 1: "Females Only"
In episode 1 of season 3, we catch up with our leading ladies, Hannah, Marnie, Shoshanna and Jessa, who was MIA for the last part of the show's second season. Hannah is shacking up with Adam and is back to writing her e-book, Marnie is living at home with her mom and working at Ray's while getting over her breakup with Charlie, Shosh is balancing school responsibilities and making out with random boys, and Jessa has landed herself in rehab, where she is (of course) behaving badly and outing Taystee from "Orange Is The New Black."
1. The world's best post-breakup smack-down from Natalia: "He shoots his cum all over the place like it's god damn confetti. In my hair. And I got a god damn blowout after I left you."
2. Rehab wisdom from Jessa: “I figured my sh*t out already when I was 5 years old. Heroin is really fun, but it can also kill you.”
3. Hannah's editor on the value of honesty: "Why didn’t you tell me you were suffering from mental illness? That’s something we can work with."
4. Hannah's therapy breakthrough: "My only limitation is my own mind. Like, I hold the keys to the prison that is my mind.”
5. Adam on what real connection is: "Just because I tasted her cum and spit or could tell you her middle name or knew a record she liked, that doesn't mean anything. That's not a connection. Anyone can have that. Really knowing someone is something else. It's a completely different thing and when it happens you won't be able to miss it."
Episode 2: "Truth or Dare"
In episode 2, Adam -- the only character old enough to rent a car -- Hannah and Shosh set off to pick Jessa up from rehab, while Marnie and her mom spruce up her new "sh*tbox" apartment back in the city. On the road trip upstate -- which Hannah declares is "just so similar to other road trips I’ve seen in various media" -- the group explores the virtues of Truth or Dare while staying overnight in a motel, discuss the "deep well of sadness" Jessa has inside of her and go on an impromptu hike. Or at least Shosh and Adam do -- Hannah lies in the woods and listens to "This American Life."
1. Shosh on Adam's loyalty to Hannah: "Adam was there with you when you went batsh*t insane and decided to cut your hair like a little boy on a fancy cookie box."
2. Adam on female friendship: “I just think women get stuck in this vortex of guilt and jealousy with each other that keeps them from seeing situations clearly.” Hannah: "Ok, now you sound like one of those guys who thinks a woman should never be President because her menstruation will cloud her judgment."
3. Shosh on boredom: "I will never be bored as long as there's Halloween."
4. Hannah on learning to say no: "It’s really liberating to say no to sh*t you hate.”
5. Hannah on Jessa's lying and leaving: "It made me remember what it was like in college when you'd say, 'Oh, meet me at the Free Palestine party,' then I'd find out you're over at the Israel house. And so I just wish you would get it that this is not ok behavior for a friend."