Nipped that in the bud.
Police in Telluride, Colo., say they stumbled across a butane hash oil manufacturing operation after a suspect called 911 about a dog bite. He said his pit bull had bitten his penis.
"Butane bottles, several trays of suspected hash oil and other possibly hazardous materials" were found at the home, the San Miguel Sheriff's Office told KMGH.
Deputies described seeing a large amount of blood at the house. The suspect was taken to a local hospital, and his condition is unknown.
Recreational marijuana is legal in Colorado, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the homegrown hash oil operation is.
"These marijuana oil extraction operations are extremely dangerous... [but] there is some debate by our legal advisors if the operations are in fact illegal," San Miguel County Sheriff Bill Masters said, according to the Montrose Daily Press.
An investigation by the sheriff's office and the Telluride Fire Department's Hazmat Team is pending.