We've been counting down to the Fourth of July pretty much since Memorial Day. So we cleared our holiday weekend schedule to kick back with our family and friends to eat as much barbecue, drink as many cocktails and watch all the fireworks we possibly can.
But before we put up our out-of-office message, we need to get our beauty survival kit in order. Between sunbathing, swimming and grilling, our hair and skin will take a hit. But we can relax knowing that these beauty products are packed in our weekend bag.
Blu Kicks Beach Bag. $95, Blukicks.com. Art by Raydene Salinas
1. Sun Bum PRO SPF 50 Sunscreen. This mineral-based sunscreen goes on silky smooth and protects your skin from UV rays while in the water. Plus, it doesn't leave behind a greasy, streaky finish. $12.99, Trustthebum.com
2. Kiss My Face Sport Lip Balm SPF 30. Don't forget to apply sunscreen to your lips! Try this minty fresh balm. $3.49, Kissmyface.com
3. Completely Bare All In One Travel Wax Kit. Don't let down-there stubble stop you from slipping into your bikini. Wax it all off with this handy on-the-go kit, which includes a moisturizer that slows regrowth. $9.99, Completelybare.com
4. Visine Original Redness Relief. After a few laps in a chlorinated pool, you can't help but come up to the surface with itchy, red eyes. Add a few drops of this stuff to clear your pupils up fast. $7.99, Drugstore.com
5. Burt's Bees Herbal Insect Repellent. Keep mosquitoes and other pesky bugs from buzzing around by spritzing your skin and clothing with a rosemary and lemongrass-scented bug spray. $7.99, Target.com
6. Yes to Coconut Cleansing Wipes. These wipes combine the best of both worlds: coconut water and cleansing. $5.99, Yestocarrots.com
7. Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat/UV Protective Primer. This multi-purpose styler tames frizz, softens hair and smooths split ends. $26, Sephora.com
8. Sonia Kashuk Fur Print Makeup Bag. Toss your sunscreen, lip balm and cleansing wipes in this hot pink makeup bag that doubles as a clutch. $14.98, Target.com