She was sharp-witted, quick and never afraid to speak her mind. Forget just being a funny female, Joan Rivers was one of the most hilarious comedians of all time.
It's with great sadness that we now have to say goodbye to Rivers at the age of 81. Over her legendary career, Joan did everything from standup to hosting numerous shows, and no matter what she always kept us laughing.
In a statement, Rivers' daughter Melissa said, "My mother's greatest joy in life was to make people laugh. Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon," reports The Wrap.
In honor of Rivers, here are her 10 greatest talk show appearances.
1. Joan shines in an early "Tonight Show" appearance.
2. After two decades, she still made Johnny laugh.
3. Joan performs incredible monologues.
4. Joan and Lucille Ball got together, and it was magic.
5. Joan and Oprah make a pact.
6. Joan brings down the house on "The Ed Sullivan Show."
7. Joan always had great fashion sense.
8. That time David Letterman hilariously walked out.
9. Returning 49 years after her first "Tonight Show."
It was the first time she had been on "The Tonight Show" since Carson banned her in the '80s for hosting a rival program.
10. Shortly after her cameo, Joan came back as a guest.
BONUS: Rivers on "Saturday Night Live."
Thanks for the memories, Joan.