The only thing you should be asking yourself when you're not in Fiji is "Why am I not in Fiji?"
It's sitting right there, just waiting for you in the South Pacific. This country is a true tropical paradise, but that doesn't just mean you'll be lazing around all day on the beach –- even if, with beaches like these, you'd be tempted.
With so much adventure, culture, and food to partake in, Fiji is a one-stop destination for travelers who want it all. Basically, you're going to have to hire someone to drag you back on the plane home, and it's not going to be pretty.
While a list of why you need to go to Fiji could simply have one item -- "because it's Fiji" -- here are 18 more, brought to you in partnership with Tourism Fiji.
1. Let's talk about those white-sand beaches.
First of all, they're everywhere. Second, any picture you take could easily be distributed as a "Wish You Were Here" postcard to make everyone at home jealous.
Photo: Flickr | Kyle Post
You've never met a more welcoming, warmer people than the Fijians, who are happy to help you discover new and unique local experiences to enhance your stay.
3. There's no snorkeling on Earth like the snorkeling in Fiji.
The world's richest soft coral is a stunning must-see. It's best experienced through the lens of your trusty goggles, right up close and personal.
4. There's a reason scuba diving is the most popular tourist activity in Fiji.
Photo: Flickr | Tony Shih
With 333 islands, there's something for everyone underneath the ocean's surface. Newbies can hang with local marine life, while more adventurous divers can explore shipwrecks or even dive with sharks.
5. You can fill your belly with cuisine unlike any other in the world, inspired by the local Indo-Fijian community.
Photo: Flickr | Steven Depolo
If you like spicy food, you're in luck with the abundant curries. But even the faint of heart will enjoy Fiji's emphasis on fresh, local produce.
6. Feel free to relax in the Pacific's most lavish spas, which are consistently rated as the friendliest in the region.
Whether you're interested in mud baths, massages or other relaxing treatments, you'll be able to leave all your troubles behind.
7. You can truly find your happy place in Bouma National Heritage Park, where gorgeous waterfalls cascade down 60-foot-high cliffs.
Photo: Flickr | Ed Bierman
Go ahead and take a dip in any of the three natural swimming pools.
8. The hiking is like nowhere else in the world.
Follow the trails through lush rainforests, and make your way up to the breathtaking peaks of the Yasawa Islands.
9. After performing a sun salutation in honor of the Fijian sunrise, your neighborhood yoga studio just won't cut it.
Photo: Flickr | Daku Resort Savusavu Fiji
You can even stretch it out on yoga platforms out in the middle of the water.
10. Adrenaline junkies take note....
Fiji is known for its blood-pumping jet boat rides that rival any in the South Pacific.
11. Fly with the birds and watch the waves break on white sand beaches.
When you're parasailing over the Fijian islands, you'll feel invincible.
12. There's no place like Fiji when you're looking for a little romance.
Whether it's a honeymoon, an anniversary, or just because, Fiji's diverse natural beauty and range of accommodations is unmatched. Private island? Check. Fun couples resort? Check.
13. There's no need to wait in line in order to catch a wave.
There are so many incredible areas to surf in Fiji off the Tavarua and Namotu islands and all down the coral coast. Are you a beginner? No worries: there are plenty of surf schools where you can learn the basics.
14. You can pick up a souvenir (or a dozen!) at one of the local open air markets stocked with local goods.
You'll find goods like kava bowls, clothing and fresh, local produce.
15. Fijian culture places a high value on family and children, so they really know how to make an incredible vacation for your whole clan.
It's one of the safest and most welcoming places in the world, and it has attractions your kids will be begging you to try. Water obstacle courses and ziplining, anyone?
16. If you've always dreamed of booking tee time in paradise, you're in luck.
The islands have world-class golf courses, and they're set against the backdrop of Fiji's unmatched island landscapes.
17. If you're the restless type, don't worry: you can cruise through the whole archipelago.
Photo: Flickr | Jared Wiltshire
By boat, you'll be able to witness Fiji's diverse range of natural wonders and attractions under the careful guidance and warm smiles of your knowledgeable hosts.
18. Once you make it to Fiji, the natural beauty of the islands will raise your spirits and keep you happier — even when you have to go back to your everyday life.
Photo: Flickr | Kanaka Menehune
What are you waiting for?