ENTERTAINMENT
10/10/2014 04:25 pm ET Updated Oct 10, 2014

Hugh Grant Drops Out Of 'Bridget Jones 3'

BEN STANSALL via Getty Images

The third installment of "Bridget Jones" will not include Hugh Grant after all, this according to Hugh Grant. The actor, who starred in the first two films as Daniel Cleaver, reportedly said in an interview with Free Radio that he has dropped out of the movie.

"I decided not to do it," he said. "But I think they're going to go ahead and do it without Daniel. The book’s excellent, by the way, but the script is completely different -- well, the script as I last saw it a few years ago.”

The third film is to be based on Helen Fielding's third book, "Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy," which received excellent reviews last year.

Two years ago Grant told Mandrake that filming of the movie had been put on hold due to rewrites, but would no doubt feature original stars Colin Firth and Renée Zellweger. "Bridget Jones 3" was first announced back in August 2011 and Grant's most recent announcement now gives us little hope that this film will actually get made.

Grant's rep did not return HuffPost Entertainment's immediate request for comment.

HuffPost

BEFORE YOU GO

PHOTO GALLERY
Celebrity News & Photos
CONVERSATIONS