MEDIA
11/26/2014 10:04 am ET Updated Nov 26, 2014

Darren Wilson Reveals He And His Wife Are Expecting A Baby

St. Louis County Prosecutor Office

ABC aired more footage Wednesday of George Stephanopoulos' interview with Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson on "Good Morning America," in which he announced that he and his wife are expecting a baby.

Wilson got married on Oct. 24 in Overland, Missouri, just two months after the Aug. 9 shooting of unarmed black teenager Michael Brown.

The interview, which marked the first time Wilson has spoken or been seen publicly since the shooting, was taped Tuesday, and ABC first aired some clips Tuesday evening.

In the interview portions that aired Wednesday morning, Wilson told Stephanopoulos that his wife, Barbara Spradling, is pregnant -- and that the two of them hope to move on and live a "normal" life.

"I just want to live a new life but that's not possible," he said. "Things will be different. There'll be a new normal, but we'll find it somehow."

As Wilson and his wife prepare to welcome a new life sometime next year, the parents of Brown continue to grieve and mourn the loss of their son.

Wilson claimed that Brown's death and the reactions from the community will not haunt him, saying instead that "it was just something that happened."

When asked if there was anything he would have done differently, Wilson said no.

Earlier reports suggested that Wilson would resign from the police force, but he explained in the interview that he is still considering whether to take that action.

"We don't know that yet," he said.

"That was the job of my life," he said. "I pictured being there -- my only goal was being promoted to sergeant. I love being on the road as a police officer."

Wilson also described his dream goals and said his future aspirations are to teach police officers about the practice.

"I would love to teach people and give people more insight on uses of force and anything, anything that I can get out of this career I've had thus far and of the incident," he said. "More insight, more knowledge, whatever the cause is for."

As for the ongoing protests in Ferguson and beyond that have activated more than 2,000 National Guard troops, Wilson says his thoughts are with the officers.

"I pray for safety of the officers and everyone else," he said. "Those officers have an incredible task ahead of them, and I just don't want to see them get hurt."

When asked if he felt remorse over Brown's death, Wilson said, "Everyone feels remorse when there's a life lost."

However, he claims to have a clear conscience over it all: "The reason I have a clean conscience is because I know I did my job."

Brown's parents appeared on NBC's "Today Show" Wednesday morning and said that Wilson's comments add "insult to injury."

"When you have people of color be killed they try to demonize and play on the stereotypes, and they try to put the police officer who killed our children on a pedestal,'' family attorney Benjamin Crump told host Savannah Guthrie. "It's just not right, and we have to fix this system."

See other parts of Wilson's interview here.

More On Ferguson From HuffPost:

Photographic Evidence Reveals 'First Year Law Student Could Have Done Better Job' 61 Arrested Ferguson Smolders After Night Of Fires Protest Locations Americans Deeply Divided Police Chief: 'Worse Than The Worst Night We Had In August' What You Can Do Darren Wilson Interview Darren Wilson Could Still Face Consequences Timeline Students Protest Photos Of Darren Wilson's Injuries Released Shooting Witness Admitted Racism In Journal Peaceful Responses Show The U.S. At Its Best Reactions To Ferguson Decision Prosecutor Gives Bizarre Press Conference Notable Black Figures React Jury Witness: 'By The Time I Saw His Hands In The Air, He Got Shot' Thousands Protest Nationwide

See our liveblog on Ferguson events below:

11/30/2014 3:28 PM EST

Wilson Resigned Over Safety Concerns, Lawyer Says

Reuters reports:

he white police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Missouri, this summer, resigned from the force without any severance deal, the mayor of the St. Louis suburb said on Sunday.

The officer, Darren Wilson, announced his resignation late Saturday, saying he feared for his own safety and that of his fellow police officers after a grand jury decided not to indict him in the fatal Aug. 9 shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown.

Read more here.

11/30/2014 7:27 AM EST

10 People Arrested During Portland's Ferguson Protest

PORTLAND, Ore (AP) — Authorities say 10 people have been arrested in Portland during a protest related to the Ferguson, Missouri, police shooting.

The city police bureau says the arrests came Saturday night "after a large group of protesters laid down in the street and refused lawful orders to clear the roadway."

Earlier, the gathering over the Missouri shooting death of a black man by a white police officer included a speech by the Rev. Jesse Jackson.

The Oregonian reports that Jackson urged nonviolence and said the resignation of the officer was "a step in the right direction," but that much remained to be done to achieve justice for the victim.

Police say that after Jackson left, some protesters marched around downtown and sporadically disrupted traffic.

Officials say some bottles were thrown at officers and a police car was damaged.

The nine adults and one juvenile arrested will face charges that include disorderly conduct.

11/29/2014 10:15 PM EST

Flag Burning

11/29/2014 10:01 PM EST

Large Police Presence

11/29/2014 9:42 PM EST

Saturday Night Protest In Ferguson

11/29/2014 9:26 PM EST

Armed 'Oath Keepers' Plan To Protest

The NYT reports that armed members of the group "Oath Keepers" are in Ferguson to offer their help protecting businesses from damage.

From the NYT:

The volunteers, who are sometimes described as a citizen militia — but do not describe themselves that way — have taken up armed positions on rooftops here on recent nights....

But on Saturday, with the county police said to be threatening the Oath Keepers with arrest, the volunteers decided to abandon their posts and instead protest against the authorities. Late in the day on Saturday, a protest was being planned for that night.

Read more here.

11/29/2014 6:56 PM EST

Darren Wilson Resigns From Ferguson Police Department

Darren Wilson has resigned from Ferguson police department.

Read his resignation letter below, via St. Louis Post-Dispatch:

"I, Darren Wilson, hereby resign my commission as a police officer with the City of Ferguson effective immediately. I have been told that my continued employment may put the residents and police officers of the City of Ferguson at risk, which is a circumstance that I cannot allow. For obvious reasons, I wanted to wait until the grand jury made their decision before I officially made my decision to resign. It was my hope to continue in police work, but the safety of other police officers and the community are of paramount importance to me. It is my hope that my resignation will allow the community to heal. I would like to thank all of my supporters and fellow officers throughout this process."

11/27/2014 12:55 PM EST

Murals In Ferguson

11/27/2014 11:28 AM EST

Ferguson Protests Hit Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Unrest following the Ferguson grand jury's decision to not indict police officer Darren Wilson has hit the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Using #StopTheParade as a rallying cry, protesters attempted to disrupt the annual parade in New York City. According to Mashable, police arrested some of the demonstrators just as the parade kicked off.

--Mollie Reilly

11/27/2014 11:19 AM EST

Ferguson Library Stays Open Throughout The Protests

MSNBC's Steve Kornacki reports on Ferguson's public library, which has remained open throughout the protests.

Over 50 volunteers helped staff the library, which provided free lunches to children as schools remained closed. The library also offered help to businesses who suffered damage during the protests following the grand jury's decision.

"We have a dramatic setting right now but it is not different than what libraries do every day," library director Scott Bonner said.

Watch the segment here.