What's festive, personalized and takes 10 minutes to make?
Answer: A burlap wreath.
This super-simple DIY project is ridiculously easy to make, so even if you're a DIY newbie or short on time, you'll still impress friends when you bring this as a gift. (It looks like the ones you've seen on Etsy!) Add a bow, ornaments or monogram to make it personal... and interchange them for a wreath that works pretty much any time of year.
- Fold the ribbon into quarters, and secure one end to the innermost ring of the frame with wire.
- Weave the ribbon through the innermost ring of the frame. Then, continue to weave it under and over the remaining rings.
- Using one hand, bunch the ribbon you've threaded through the frame so far. Flip the frame over, and twist the strand of remaining ribbon.
- Hold the twist tightly while you push the remaining burlap through the frame's first ring. Thread through the remaining rings. Continue this twist-and-thread pattern all the way around the frame.
- When you've threaded burlap ribbon through the entire frame, cut off any ribbon that's left over. Fasten the end to the frame with wire.
- Decorate your wreath as you please!