While a guest on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Friday, Ashton Kutcher sparked rumors of Charlie Sheen's return to "Two and a Half Men." Kutcher teased that he is scared of what the showrunners have planned for the last episode. DeGeneres then asked if Sheen would be coming back, to which Kutcher replied with a stunned, silent shrug.
"If you're working on the Warner Bros. lot, if there's sirens, come save me," Kutcher added.
Earlier this year, Sheen told Extra that he would return to the show if asked.
"I would definitely do it, yeah, yeah," he said. "If they'll still have me, I will be there. Yeah, I owe it some measure of closure. I owe it to the fans…I just think it makes sense.”
After Sheen was very publicly fired from the show, his character was killed off and Kutcher brought in to replace him as lead. Considering the permanence of that kind of exit, his returning storyline would have to get pretty creative.
The Huffington Post has reached out for comment to reps for Kutcher and CBS, and will update this post if and when we hear back.
h/t Entertainment Weekly.