Let's face it: AMC's "Walking Dead" wouldn't be what it is today without Daryl Dixon.
Even though Norman Reedus' character wasn't in Robert Kirkman's original comics, Dixon's attitude and crossbow quickly helped him transition into one of the show's central characters. Dixon has become so loved by fans that there's even a big online movement to try to keep the character alive on the show.
In addition to appreciation from viewers, the "Walking Dead" creator credits Dixon with being a major catalyst for the exciting twists the TV show has taken. Kirkman explained why Daryl was so pivotal during a panel at Amazing Arizona Comic Con:
I like that when we sit down to write the show one of the first things we deal with is: ‘How does Daryl Dixon change this story?'
In honor of Reedus' 46th birthday, here are 11 times Daryl Dixon said the greatest things:
1. The time he got philosophical.
2. The time he reflected on his past.
3. The time he was a nice guy.
4. The time he got all zen.
5. The time he explained why you don't mess with Daryl.
6. The time he told Beth how it is.
7. The time he went over the rules of fighting.
8. The time no one could've said it better.
9. The time he got real.
10. The time he became an art critic.
11. The time he perfectly summed up Daryl Dixon.
Rock on, Daryl.