Fall used to be the busiest time of year for television, and it still is, and January is often very crowded with new and returning shows as well.
What you might not have realized, because it snuck up on us in a stealthy way, is that April is probably going to be the most jam-packed month of 2015 -- when it comes to scripted television, anyway. We're just making you aware of this now so you can get your DVR in shape and clear your calendar.
Not only will a ton of shows be airing new episodes this month, there are a lot of important premieres and season finales in April. We didn't even list all of them here, but feast your eyes on the highlights of what's coming that month:
- April 4: "Outlander" returns on Starz.
- April 5: "Mad Men" returns with its final seven episodes on AMC; "Wolf Hall," starring Damian Lewis as Henry VIII, debuts on PBS.
- April 6: Projected date of the "Better Call Saul" Season 1 finale on AMC.
- April 9: "Louie" returns on FX.
- April 10: All 13 episodes of "Daredevil's" first season debut on Netflix.
- April 12: "Game of Thrones," "Veep" and "Silicon Valley" return on HBO; "Nurse Jackie" begins its final season on Showtime.
- April 14: Projected date of the "Justified" series finale on FX.
- April 18: "Orphan Black" begins is third season on BBC America.
- April 22: "The Americans" ends its third season on FX.
- April 26: "Happyish" debuts on Showtime.
- April 28: "Penny Dreadful" returns for its second season on Showtime.