It's Valentine's Day!
It's a day to celebrate love and that special person you're sharing your life with. Or that special person your friends set you up on a blind date with. Either way, if she's Latina there are a couple of things you might want to avoid doing, or saying. To help you out we've put together these tips on what not to do if you're on a date with a Latina, with some help from the amazing Aubrey Plaza.
When on a date with a Latina please don't:
1. Ask her to say something in Spanish
Stop assuming all Latinas speak Spanish. Stop assuming we'd want to speak Spanish to you.
2. Call her “mami.”
This will get you nowhere, trust me.
3. Ask her where she's from ORIGINALLY.
Yes, I'm from the UNITED STATES, not sure if you've heard of it.
4. Immediately assume she wants a margarita.
FINE. I'll have a margarita.
5. Ask about her immigration status.
No one is interested in your green card dude.
6. Use the word caliente...
We will lose all interest. Immediately.
7. Or the word spicy for that matter, unless you’re talking about food.
Also, please don't assume we like spicy food.
8. NEVER SAY "hasta la vista baby."
This is really just a life rule.
9. Ask her about Shakira or Sofia Vergara.
Not that we don't like them, but there are many other amazing, famous Latinas out there.
10. Mention her fiery temper
Or you might just experience it first hand.
11. Ask her to lower her voice.
Look, not all Latinas are loud but if we are this comment will get you nowhere.
12. Mention the other Latinas you've dated.
Most Latinas are very different and honestly we really don't care.