JERUSALEM, March 17 (Reuters) - Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, on Twitter, claimed a "great victory" in Israel's election on Tuesday, after exit polls showed his right-wing Likud party even with its main opponent, the center-left Zionist Union.
"Against all odds: a great victory for Likud, a great victory for the national camp led by Likud, a great victory for the people of Israel," Netanyahu wrote on his official Twitter account.
(Reporting by Jeffrey Heller; Editing by Dan Williams)
More from The WorldPost on the Israeli elections:
- Israelis Head To The Polls
- The Many Faces Of Israel Are On Display As Millions Head To Vote
- These Are The Main Candidates Vying For Votes
- Netanyahu Says No Palestinian State If He Is Re-Elected
- Key Facts About Israel's Election System
- 10 Israeli Voters Lay Out Their Hope For The Future