The list of my style-icon-girl-crush is growing. I am lucky to call my grandmother and my godmother style icons. Some of my style icons are fictional characters, such as Claire Underwood or Catherine Banning. And some, unoriginally, are celebrities, including Jackie Kennedy and Lauren Bacall. To this list, I am adding Charlotte Marie Pomeline Casiraghi, daughter of Caroline, Princess of Hanover, Princess of Monaco and the late Stefano Casiraghi, and Italian industrialist -- and the grand-daughter of late Prince Rainier III and the late Princess Grace of Monaco.
She is the global brand ambassador for Montblanc, the face of Gucci Cosmetics and is regularly on the Vanity Fair Best Dressed List, as is the case again this year. Her style is majestic, graceful (no pun intended), athletic and oh so very French.
After getting lost in the "Charlotte Casraghi image internet black hole" for one too many hours, here are my style takeaways.
- Black looks put together, always (as if I needed a reminder of this truism...). All white looks just as graceful.
- Skinny jeans should be a staple if you can pull them off.
- Flats actually can look elegant (although I am not running to the store to buy any).
- A chignon, whether messy or structured, shows off bone structure.
- Short red nails can look fabulous (this I am going to incorporate in my beauty routine).
- Figure out what your best feature is, and flaunt it (in her case, her toned arms and shoulders and her subtly sexy collarbone).
- Smokey eye or a bold lip -- but not both at the same time.
Ada Polla is the CEO of Swiss beauty brand Alchimie Forever.