The Buffalo Bills are throwing a party and you're invited!
After news broke in February that the team would be getting new uniforms for the 2011-12 season, I told you I couldn't care less... I mean, fans have been obsessively speculating what they would look like and trading mock ups of their own.
Now, the wait is over because on Friday, June 24, the official Uniform Launch party will kick off at 6:30 p.m. at Ralph Wilson Stadium.
Best part of this? Tickets are free. All you have to do is log on to ticketmaster.com starting Friday, June 3, at 10 a.m. to request up to six complimentary tickets or hit up the stadium ticket office, Verizon Wireless stores in Buffalo/Rochester or M&T Banks in Erie County for tickets in person.
According to a release from One Bills Drive, "The new uniforms will incorporate the Bills storied history while keeping the team's signature charging buffalo logo."
The launch event will feature:
- A unique and special uniform unveiling ceremony in conjunction with the U.S. military.
- Live music performed.
- Dance routines by the new 2011 Buffalo Jills Cheerleaders.
- Buffalo Bills Alumni and Billy Buffalo.
- Complimentary souvenir photos.
- On-field access and interactive football themed games.
- A special screening of a box office hit movie, as voted on by fans, will be shown on the scoreboard 45 minutes following the uniform unveiling. (Fans may vote for the movie of their choice by voting on the Bills Facebook page atFacebook.com/BuffaloBills.)
- The first 1,000 jerseys purchased at the event will include a special, limited edition commemorative gift.
I'm all about the free stuff but since I see nothing about free food or an open bar, I doubt I'll choose to spend four hours in the car and clean out my pockets to get there. If anybody does go, tweet me @lysssie and you can send me some photos to post.
For fans like me who don't attend, the new uniform unveiling will be shown live on buffalobills.com.