Tap here to turn on desktop notifications to get the news sent straight to you.
Associate Professor in Teacher Education at University of San Francisco
Rick Ayers, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor of Education at the University of San Francisco in the Urban Education and Social Justice cohort. He taught in the Communication Arts and Sciences small school at Berkeley High School, where he pioneered innovative and effective strategies for academic and social success for a diverse range of students. His books include:
• A Teacher’s Guide to Studs Terkel’s Working
• An Empty Seat in Class: Teaching and Learning after the Death of a Student
• Great Books for High School Kids: A Teacher’s Guide to Books That Can Change Teens’ Lives (co-author with Amy Crawford)
• Teaching the Taboo: Courage and Imagination in the Classroom (co-author with William Ayers)
• You can’t fire the bad ones: And 18 other myths about teachers, teachers unions, and public education (with William Ayers and Crystal Laura)