Here are three simple ways to design your healthy diet.
1. Flip Your Foods. Revitalize your diet with simple FOOD FLIPS. Here are two simple examples.
FLIP OUT ice-cream and FLIP IN sorbet. Try this ridiculously simple one-ingredient sorbet. All you need is watermelon.
FLIP OUT French fries and FLIP IN roasted sweet potato slices. Sweet potatoes are rich in beta-carotene and filled with Vitamin A, which is good for your vision, and immune system.
2. Decorate Your Plate With Colors. Eating fruits and vegetables are part of a healthy diet. Include a variety and don't go overboard on just one. Eat fresh produce whenever possible. Canned fruits may contain added sugars or syrups. Be sure and choose canned varieties of fruit packed in water or in their own juice.Here are some healthy examples:
- Bell Pepper
- Boy Choy
- Green Beans
Food Tip: CHERRIES- research shows that eating sweet bing cherries has the potential to decrease inflammation as well as reduce risk of arthritis, diabetes, cancer and high blood pressure. Remember, don't go overboard on one type of food. Eat a variety of fruits.
3. Don't stress. Eating healthy shouldn't be stressful. Make it part of your lifestyle. Check out Huffington Post's healthy eating section.Simple tips
- Find your favorite easy healthy recipes and save them.
- Create a healthy shopping list.
- Plan your meals for the week.
- Prep your meals in advance-chop your veggies ahead of time. You'll have them to munch on. My favorites include red, green, yellow and orange peppers, carrots, cucumbers, celery, zucchini, broccoli and cauliflower. Use in a salad, sides, soups, chili or stews etc.
Go ahead, take a deep breath and design your own healthy diet; there's no room to be stressed-out here.
How do you design your healthy eating habits? What are your favorite healthy foods?
"Design Your Healthy Life™" #DYHL
Stay in Touch
Barbara Ficarra, RN, BSN, MPA, is a registered nurse and lifestyle and health expert offering practical advice for consumers by focusing on health and wellness. Her trademark is simple and useful information from a trustworthy source to help people to take charge of their health. Barbara is an award-winning broadcast journalist, international speaker founder of Healthin30.com and creator of BarbaraFicarra.com a lifestyle destination site to help consumers live a happier, bolder, healthier and a more stylish life. Barbara is known as a HEALTH DESIGNER™ -- she designs ways for people to live a healthier life and empowers people to design their own healthy lifestyle. Barbara's passion is to bring consumers inspiration and to empower them to take action to design a healthy life they adore. Design Your Healthy Life™. (#DYHL)
#DYHL #Foodie, #Food, #Nutrition #HealthyEating #Lifestyle #Wellness #BarbaraFicarra