Election Day is coming up fast and the EDM community is already hitting the polls! We love seeing tweets from our peeps about them voting early!
Did you know that this generation is already changing politics? With forty-four million "Millennials," (aka EDM fans!) we are the largest generation in history and represent more than one-fifth of the electorate. We are also the most diverse generation. Sixty-one percent of Millennials identify as White, while 17% are Hispanic, 15% are Black and 4% are Asian. We don't have figures yet about what percentage like hardstyle vs. trance, but we'll get back to you as soon as we get that poll.
What's not great? Only 63% of people under 30 definitely plan on voting, compared to 72% in 2008. We need to make sure the EDM community VOTES on Tuesday and that our voice is heard.
- Tweet and FB the heck out of this election! Use our Spin the Vote "I'm Voting" graphic to help get your friends inspired. (link to post on FB) Set it as your cover photo!
- Tell everybody you voted (when you do) on social media on Tuesday! We will be retweeting and sharing the love all day.
- Pledge to vote right here on the Spin the Vote website!
- Be part of Rock the Vote's national "Rock the Calls" phone bank: Join Rock the Vote in a massive national phonebank to remind young people to vote on November 6th. You see, if you ask someone to vote, they are much more likely to go. Kinda like a party - people only come if they are asked. **Extra credit: Make a video of yourself Rocking the Calls, post to YouTube, and let us know. We will give you mad props.
- Tell your friends in FL about our EDC Orlando ticket giveaway! They just need to follow @spinthevote on twitter and retweet this:
Let's face it, a lot of us will wait until Tuesday to cast a ballot, but making sure the EDM community's voice is heard is so important in this election!
Get out there and SPIN THE VOTE!