Today is the anniversary of the assassination of gay activist turned politician Harvey Milk. As I ponder this, I sit and wonder if he could have imagined a day when the nation's highest ranking, openly gay public official would make a video to tell queer kids that it gets better.
Can you imagine what he could have done with all the currently available information and daily news and commentary like this?
Disclosing Trans Status Filed by: Tobi Hill-Meyer
UN General Assembly Votes To Allow Gays To Be Executed Without Cause Filed by: Michael Hamar
Why you shouldn't give to the Salvation Army this holiday season Filed by: Bil Browning
Gender doesn't matter when it comes to airport pat-downs Filed by: Alex Blaze
Kate and Allie had it right & we've been going backwards ever since Filed by: Yasmin Nair
Reteaching Gender and Sexuality: Queer/Trans Youth Speak Up Filed by: R Conrad
What would you do? Bigoted comments at Thanksgiving Filed by: Nadine Smith
Shifting the ritual of Thanksgiving, one child at a time Filed by: Susan Raffo
I"ve got a lot to be thankful for this year Filed by: Bil Browning
Family Research Council Deserves No Apology Filed by: Michael Hamar
Canadian Government Halts Funding of GRS For Trans Inmates Filed by: Mercedes Allen
- Subscribe to the Bilerico Project Report to get all of the previous day's posts sent to you every night at midnight Eastern time.
- Follow Bilerico Project on Twitter for links to new posts, breaking news and contest opportunities.
- Subscribe to the Bilerico Project RSS feed to read posts via a feedreader like Google Reader or Bloglines, or include the feed in a customized homepage like My Yahoo! or iGoogle.
- Want to read a faster version of TBP on your phone? We have a mobile version!
- Become a fan on Facebook!