Nearly 49 million Americans struggle with hunger. These Americans live in every single county and congressional district in the U.S. Hunger is a real issue in America - and a major one at that. Yet, it doesn't have to be. If we work together as a nation, we can solve hunger.
That's why Feeding America created Hunger Action Month, which takes place each September. Hunger Action Month is a nationwide campaign to mobilize the public to take action on the issue of hunger. The campaign brings greater attention to hunger in the U.S. and promotes ways for people everywhere to get involved in the movement to fight it.
You can help mobilize your community and get involved by taking any or all of the actions below.
Take Action Online:
• TURN ORANGE FOR HUNGER RELIEF by making your Facebook and Twitter profiles orange on Hunger Action Day, Thursday, September 4th
• DONATE your status and share your local hunger statistics on Facebook and Twitter.
• LIKE & FOLLOW Feeding America and your local food bank on social media.
• PLEDGE your support for the more than 1 in 5 kids in the United States who face hunger by signing Feeding America's Feeding a Strong Future pledge.
• INVITE your Member of Congress to visit a child feeding program of your local food bank. Congressional visits shine a spotlight on the role food banks play in solving child hunger.
Take Action In Your Community:
• TURN ORANGE FOR HUNGER RELIEF by wearing orange on Hunger Action Day. Share a pic of your orange style socially with @FeedingAmerica and use the hashtag #HungerAction.
• VOLUNTEER at your local food bank and be part of the hunger-relief solution. Share a pic of your volunteer experience with @FeedingAmerica via social media and use the hashtag #HungerAction.
We can all do our part to solve hunger. This September, do you part by participating in Hunger Action Month. Visit hungeractionmonth.org to learn more.