There's a lot of pressure this time of year, and it comes at us in all directions from presents to food to family. Before you barrel through it without enjoying a moment, here are five ways to make Christmas magic:
1) Give a gift to someone who isn't expecting one like your garbage man, mail lady or a coworker you don't interact with much. It'll brighten their day and get you in the spirit!
2) Be a kid again! Drive around and look at the lights, or take a photo on Santa's lap. It'll spark some happiness!
3) Start a tradition. Whether it's making ornaments or dressing like an elf at your neighbor's party, do something that you'll do every year. Traditions create memories.
4) Laugh. A lot. Find things that crack you up from movies to your favorite YouTube videos like my Aunt Jean Saves Christmas. Laughter is, after all, the best medicine and will keep the crowd entertained.
5) Get real! At the end of all the one-day sale madness, it really is the thought that counts. The best gift of all might be your time (offer to help an elderly neighbor), your food (food banks are always strained this time of year), or your love (write your sweetheart a sweet love letter from the heart). I promise it'll bring a whole lot of joy.