Black Friday. What a great opportunity to find quality clothing brands at discounted prices. No doubt there will be a multitude of different clothes and accessories from various designers and brands out there, all at a bargain.
For some shoppers it is a thrill to sort through all the racks and find hidden gems, while for others shopping the discount racks can be overwhelming and time-consuming, particularly if they do not like shopping or if they have little time on their hands.
But not to worry! There is a way to minimize your shopping time.
Here are five easy ways to efficiently tackle the discount racks on Black Friday while ensuring you are choosing clothing that represents the best you.
1. Go only to the racks that have the items you are looking for. Racks typically are split up by garment type and sometimes lifestyle. Therefore, if you are looking for a particular style or item, you only need to go to the rack that houses that particular item. The key here is to stay focused.
2. Only look at clothing that is in your color palette. Once you've reached the rack that has the garment type you are looking for, scan the rack for items that are in your seasonal color palette. You will find that this will quickly eliminate items you should not be entertaining. (Note: If you do not know your seasonal color palette, I recommend you visit a color-analysis professional in your area. Once you know the colors that work best for you, it makes shopping so much more efficient, fun and rewarding.)
3. Only look at clothing in your size. Now that you've found an article of clothing that is in your color palette, check to see if they have the item in your size. Only entertain pieces in your size.
4. Determine if the style is right for you. You are now at the rack with the garment type and size you are in search of and have found an item in your seasonal color palette. Take the item off the rack and look at it and ask yourself if the style of the garment works for your body silhouette, lifestyle and personality needs. Imagine yourself wearing the garment. If you like the garment after this exercise, put it aside to try on. Repeat this step for all items on the rack that match your seasonal color palette.
5. Try on all items you have selected and buy. The final step! You've completed steps 1 to 4 above and now have a few items to try on either together as an outfit or independently. This step is a must. As you try on each item, ask yourself how you feel in the garment (for example, confident, excited). How will others perceive you? Is this garment giving off your best authentic energy? Purchase items for which the answers to these questions are in alignment with the image you are hoping to project.
Now you have the five easy, efficient steps to finding great-quality discounted clothing on Black Friday, and you can be done with your shopping in no time all!
I hope this blog post inspires you to wear your authenticity!