Lots of extroverted leggy looks are the number one trend for summer music festival fashions.
Yes, it's all about the legs.
Coachella music fans really let their hair down and had some festival fashion fun. Desert heat brings
out the carnival vibe and exposes the need to show some skin.
I had to ask myself the question, "Is this really Coachella or a mini Burning Man?"
Circus sneakers, Western style white mid-calf cowgirl boots, ankle booties that lace up, slip on
and feature combat ready strength footwear has never been so important to get the stylish look
of summer music festivals like Coachella.
Belly baring midriff tops, swing style mini skirts, high waisted short shorts, printed dresses
and flowers in the hair made some styles look like they tried too hard and others perhaps didn't try
Here's my list of fun ways to dress for summer music festivals. Let's get started:
1. Legs. Yes, be sure to get those toned tanned legs because you will need them this summer. High waisted short shorts and mini swing skirts demand legs.
2. Flowers in the hair are a throw back to 1967 Summer of Love Music Festival in San Francisco. Flowers symbolize the innocence of summer, the celebratory spirit of love and friendship. Puts some flowers in your hair.
3. Tribal (Global) prints and a feathered tribal headdress remixed means you will use geometric prints, stripes and heads in a big way. Yes, head prints, eyes and other body parts are used in tribal prints -- bold, bright and sort of shocking.
4. Red color trend as a dress, flowy pant suit, and... well just wear red.
5. All American denim look worn by model Agyness Deyn at the House Of Holland eyewear pool party, hosted by Henry Holland and Io Echo, to launch the brand's new collection, in celebration of the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival 2013 demonstrated she was in her element -- fresh and fabulous with her effortless easy does it kind of style. [Check out the slideshow for Agyness Deyn's look.]
6. When in doubt about what to wear you can always do what TV Personality Carmen Electra did. What did she do? She did a fashion impersonation of Rihanna. Mock Mohawk hair, denim shorts, black leather jacket, plaid boyfriend shirt and sneakers. Oh, yeah don't forget your Willie Nelson bandana.
7. White Western cowgirl boots and tribal feathers. The look of a summer rodeo more or less.
8. Swimwear and shorts. Don't forget the flowers in your hair.
9. Romper wear is all the rage this summer. Long, short, solid, striped or a print romper spells relaxed and comfy style.
10. Printed dress worn by Amanda Cummings from Los Angeles was from Target and a thrift shop belt gave the look a super cool vintage vibe.
11. Pink short shorts worn by model Alessandra Ambrosio while she enjoyed a Fruttare Fruit Bar at the Fruttare Hangout at Coachella was a Popsicle delightful use of color.
12. A '70s floppy hat, prairie print mini, combat boots and arm bracelets spelled All-American style for TV personality Audrina Patridge. She was seen at the Fruttare hangout at Coachella to share what keeps her looking on the bright side.
13. Tribal prints by Dolce & Gabbana had Singer Katy Perry looking stylishly cool and calm while attending the FIJI Water At Lacoste L!VE Coachella Desert Pool Party in Palm Springs, Calif.
14. Fishtail hair, belted waist over a lace miniskirt, top and goth '80s cross necklace worn by singer Katy Perry at the Harper's Bazaar Coachella poolside fete showed Katy really knows how to wear a straw boater.
Straw boaters are a trend due to hit the fashion world big time once the Great Gatsby is released May 15, 2013 at the Cannes Film Festival.
15. Music festival fan Paige Alkington from Knoxville, TN, wearing a Reformation maxi dress, Fleet jewelry and sunglasses by Oliver Peoples had her look together. Paige is in the slideshow below so be sure to rate her outfit. Let me know what you think, OK?
16. British Inspired Kesh from London, England wore a tribal print two-piece by The Kesh x American Apparel. Bold and well, kudos to her for traveling so far from home to enjoy the music at Coachella.
17. Vintage high waisted tiny printed short shorts and Forever 21 midriff lace top worn by Nicki from California is by far my favorite outfit of the summer season. Why? It's looks effortlessly styled and ready for music festival fun.
If you like this article check out: Actress Diane Kruger Rocks Coachella in Shorts