It's usually December when folks take a look back at the year that's passed. But, since we're a good way through the summer -- and there are plenty of opportunities to get back outdoors -- it seems like a great time to recap the best workout tracks from January through June.
Big beats continue to reign supreme in the gym. The workout music royalty -- Pitbull, Flo Rida and Lady Gaga -- make their customary appearances in the top 10. Additionally, as you might expect, the list features a handful of dance cuts -- with Breathe Carolina, Rihanna, and Cobra Starship each getting the remix treatment. Lastly, adding a little variety, there are the crossover hits -- both from club producers (like Avicii), rockers (like Linkin Park), or both (like the collaboration between DJ Steve Aoki and Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo).
Here's the full list, according to a poll on Run Hundred -- the web's most popular workout music blog.
- Breathe Carolina -- "Blackout" (Wideboys Remix) -- 128 BPM
- Flo Rida & Sia -- "Wild Ones" -- 129 BPM
- Lady GaGa -- "Marry The Night" -- 132 BPM
- Linkin Park -- "Burn It Down" -- 111 BPM
- Rihanna -- "We Found Love" (Cahill Club Remix) -- 128 BPM
- Avicii -- "Levels" -- 126 BPM
- Steve Aoki & Rivers Cuomo -- "Earthquakey People" -- 128 BPM
- Pitbull -- "Back in Time" -- 126 BPM
- Carly Rae Jepsen -- "Call Me Maybe" -- 120 BPM
- Cobra Starship & Sabi -- "You Make Me Feel..." (Felix Leiter Remix) -- 127 BPM
Check out this month's top 10 workout songs on Run Hundred : www.RunHundred.com
For more by Chris Lawhorn, click here.
For more by HuffPost Workouts, click here.