My Weekly AMERICAblog Piece
The Week That Was 2/16/07
Another week, more preposterousness to report.
Ok, can we put aside the Bush junta-inspired mendacity eruptions (slightly different than Bill Clinton's "bimbo eruptions," in that mendacity eruptions actually end lives) to try and ignite war in Iran with those shady forces who are responsible for only 8% of the attacks on American soldiers in Iraq.
I know this will give the good Reverend John Hagee the kind of stiffy most of us could only pull off after a quart of Viagra mixed with Hillbilly Heroin--or as it is now known in bar-speak, a Limbaugh with a Haggard twist--but for the rest of us, can we shout from the rooftops "Enough with the fraudulent war justifications!"
Haven't we all learned from the last public relations rollout for a war of choice? Well, not David Brooks. But he's dumber than lead paint on Lindsay Lohan, so what he gurgles up out of his craven esophagus is of no consequence.
Yet, for those of us living in the strange land of lucidity, can we please all get this very simple message out before we experience Neocon Debacle II: Electric Boogalo
1) Over 90% of of the attacks that are killing U.S soldiers in Iraq are SUNNI inspired. They are, like, a whole different group of people than the Shia, Mr. Bush. And supported by your three-minutes-in-the-closet friends and financial benefactors the Saudis.
2) 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia, not Iran.
3) Bin Laden - yeah, Saudi not Iranian (and still at large, why is that?).
4) Say 'hi' to Bandar Bush for us.
5) Saudi Arabia, not Iran, was one of the three countries that recognized the Taliban-led government in Afghanistan--yeah that one.
6) Tell your brother to lay off the Thai hookers.
7) Saudi Arabia sought nuclear weapons, and may still be doing so.
So does all that compute Mr. Bush? Iran has some very bad men in their leadership, true. But they don't begin to compare to your friends, the Saudis. Not that you ever cared about going after the real enemy.
Oh, yeah, and it's "nuclear" moron.
For more on this and other stories, go to cliffschecter.com.