On March 9, 2010, Karl Rove, "Bush's Brain" released a self-aggrandizing contrivance of his political past, Courage and Consequence, in all of its hard-bound, chicken hawk glory. On March 3rd, 2010, a coalition of up-and-coming rock bands released an anticipatory sonic recollection of the gross misdeeds attributable to Rove over the past decade, "Karl Rove: Courage and Consequence -- The Unabridged Audio," in all of its aggressively righteous indignation.
A truly fair and balanced chronicle of the first decade of the New American Century, Karl Rove: Courage and Consequence is available for both free download in any format you want, as well for sale as a beautiful LP package with artwork by Danny Hellman and liner notes by the Rude Pundit and author Jason Myers.
Here's the thing: we funded this thing entirely on pre-orders and donations almost universally at the $20 level or below. This wasn't funded by George Soros, ACORN or any other conservative bogeyman, it was paid for a bunch of broke rock and rollers, the entire thing costing 1/8th of the average speaking fee Karl Rove makes at every speaking appearance. Conceived along the lines of the Nation's Going Rouge vs. Sarah Palin's Going Rogue, it is a record with a very similar title as Karl's ridiculous book, with artwork and songs addressing and lampooning him and his misdeeds. I feel like we've won just by doing it, we've certainly met some notability requirements, but the compilation itself is actually quite good. This is worth noting.
You've already seen some of Karl's advance press, a fluff piece on the Today show and strategic releases about how his major regret is not answering his charges against liberals. This is like saying that your biggest flaw is that you a perfectionist in a job interview. You've seen the dark wizard of the Art of Distraction spinning his web, falling on the sword of ridicule, while whitewashing Bush's legacy, pushing the Overton Window and generally being a snide and deplorable waste of flesh. You are going to see more of it too, but here's a way you can directly fight back. You see, he has the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy (tm), his tv show and multimillions, we have a rag tag bunch of rockers, Mike Malloy and you.
- If you have a blog: Link to http://www.karlrovebook.net, with the words Karl Rove, Karl Rove Book or Courage and Consequence. The more people that link to the site the better our search rankings and the more people know, and the original news item that set me off on this still ranks well.
- If you have a facebook or twitter you can post this blog or the website or tweet/retweet the site, be our twitter follower, or facebook fan
- If you know of a place that can review, sell or play the compilation let us know either here or at the comp e-mail address email@example.com and we'll be on it like turd on blossom.
- purchase a copy of the compilation, to play on your record player, or hang on your wall.
- Download digital music files for free, and even pay for and/or review digital downloads at the Amazon mp3 store or Apple's iTunes store.
- Do you like video? Sure, don't we all? Here is an example "video" of one of the songs from the compilation, this one is from my band Victory and Associates, and is the final song on the record. If you'd like to help, you can uprate the song, comment, favorite, etc. as well as any one of the other wonderful songs on the compilation: Lies, and the Lying Liars That Sell Them (Lyrics)
A - 22:32
The Heavenly States - A Man for Our Times
Rival Dickens - Forget the Naughts (Rick Valentin from the Poster Children)
Have Special Power - A Rove By Any Other Name
Assistant Cobra - The Art of Distraction
Lambs of Abortion - New American Century
We"re Gonna Fight the Eskimos Next - Don't Praise the Machine
B - 22:51
Cartographer - Biggest Asshole in the World
Death Dream - Karl Rove, Let's Get Dirty
Generalissimo - Swarm
Cold Lake - Courage and Consequence
Hurry Up Shotgun - Car Bomb
United Sons of Toil - Invention VS Innovation
Victory and Associates - Lies, and the Lying Liars That Sell Them