Folks, I just got an update from Ed Norton, one of the co-founders of CrowdRise, about the #GivingTower Holiday Challenge I'm sponsoring with MacAndrews & Forbes, Fred & Joanne Wilson, and Isaac S. Gindi. This year I'm giving $50,000 to support nonprofits.
A total of $250,000 is being given away in prize money, but an impressive $2 million+ has already been raised by the nonprofits participating. Last year, at this point in the Challenge, the total raised was: $609,835. That's $1,561,954 more raised right now than was raised at this same time last year. This is the real deal.#GivingTower. What does this mean?
- There are 16,757 bricks in the Tower.
- It's over 2,514 ft tall.
- It's taller than 2 Bank of America Towers stacked on top of each other.
- In 208 more feet, the Giving Tower will be taller than the Burj Khalifa, Dubai.
The Bonus Challenge winners so far are...
- Bonus Challenge #1: Cure JM Foundation
- Bonus Challenge #2: Wildlife SOS
- And there was a Surprise Bonus Challenge: Blue Ocean Society for Marine Conservation
Bonus Challenge # 3 is happening now. Every org that gets 10 donations will be entered to win $10k. You've got til December 16th to get the donations. And there's still time to sign your org up to participate in the Challenge.
Sign up here (by Friday December 19th) to join the Holiday Challenge...! More to come.