Microsoft is awarding $2 million in cash and up to $6 million in software and information technology skills training curriculum to organizations that provide veterans and their spouses with the support they need to successfully transition to civilian careers.
The following organizations are receiving the cash and software grants:
- Able-Disabled Advocacy Inc., San Diego; San Diego VetWORKS.
- Bellevue College, Bellevue, Wash.; Project SUCCEED.
- Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont Inc., Charlotte, N.C.; Elevate America's Veterans Initiative.
- Gulf Coast Workforce Board, Panama City, Fla.; Mission: 21st Century.
- Per Scholas, New York and Miami, Fla.; Microsoft Veterans Employment Project.
- Veterans Inc., Worcester, Mass.; Veterans Inc. Employment and Training Program.
Disclaimer: I'm on the board of one of the supporting organizations, the Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America