There is a never ending cycle that tends to happen when we do laundry. Load after load, day after day, week after week. It doesn't end. And, if you are like many of us you know all about the never ending cycle of missing socks that go along with the never ending cycle of laundry.
While some people think, no big deal - it is just a sock. Others will search high and low, while losing sleep trying to find the lovely match to the missing sock. It seems to no longer be about the sock, but more about the point of misplacing said sock. You are certain two socks went in the laundry, why is it only one sock came out? Do you know anyone like this?
Contains an affiliate linkOver the years people have made clever signs for their laundry room that say things like:
- Single, Seeking Mate
- Lost Socks
- Single and Looking
- Seeking Sole Mates
- Sock Monster Bait
- Department of Missing Socks ... No sock left behind
- Just Hanging Out, Waiting for My Mate
5 Sure Ways to Never lose your socks again
- Pin socks together - Then you don't have to fold them. They are already together. You only take the pin off your socks long enough to wear them. And, even then you can leave the pin in one of the socks so as not to lose the pin. (My grandmother used to do this and she never lost her socks.)
- Use a laundry washing bag and put socks in there. Like this mesh laundry bag.
- Just like having a load of laundry for only your unmentionables. Have a load of nothing else, but socks.
- Match socks as soon as you fold that load of laundry. This is by far the easiest thing to do. And, if you have young children it is a great activity for them to do.
- Or, simply don't wear them.
Here is where we store our misplaced socks while they are waiting for their mates to reappear. This mini laundry basket sits on top of the counter in our laundry room. It is cute and only costs a dollar from the dollar store.
If you are looking for ways to save yourself time in the morning, matching your socks is a great way to start. Here is a post all about saving at least 5 Minutes Every Morning.
Where is the strangest place you have found a mate to a missing sock? Leave a comment and let me know. I would love to hear about it.