If Columbus taught us anything, it was to dream big. The 15th Century navigator and explorer endured failure, disappointment and ridicule before the journey that made him famous. Columbus Day is a good reminder to pursue your dreams, no matter what.
Here are 10 ways to dream big:
• Know exactly what you want. A dream starts with a concise objective or intention.
• Have a daily daydream about your dream -- imagine what it looks like, how it makes you feel and who it brings into your life.
• Create a dream board and paste pictures, words or articles of anything that represents your dream onto it.
• Write the story of your dream. Record it and listen to it each night before bedtime.
• Never give up, even after failure. It could lead to an even bigger dream. Columbus was looking for a route to East Asia, not the North American continent.
• Talk about your dream using positive words as if you believe and expect it will happen. BTW, you should believe and expect it will happen!
• Tell others about your dream. You never know who can help you.
• Believe that you deserve your dream to come true.
• Imagine how your dream will help others. How will it enable you to give back?
• Be in constant gratitude for all the ups and downs on the journey towards your dream.