If life were a pair of Levi's jeans, what would yours look like? Would they be worn and faded, thinning in spots, soft to the touch with the hem unraveling? Or would they be crisp and clean with perfect creases and the tags still on them? If you live your life to the fullest, the former would be true.
Some of us save life instead of savor it. Maybe you keep your couch cushions covered all the time, or only allow guests to use the new towels, or never loan out your stuff, use the good china, or light your candles. Maybe you lament for weeks over a scratch on your car paint.
Too often we save things in life for the wrong reasons. Besides material goods, we save our emotions because we don't want to be hurt, our appearance because we don't want to look old, or our flaws because we don't want to be anything less than perfect. All this saving prevents us from living life to its fullest. We become bystanders watching our lives go by instead of participating in new experiences.
Live your life to the fullest, and you'll have more fun than you ever imagined!
5 ways to live life to the fullest:
• When you have a rainy day, use the money you saved for it.
• Don't hold back your feelings, especially those of love and compassion.
• Try something new -- a sport, an adventure, love, a hat, or a hairstyle.
• Once in a while, jump up and down on the bed with your kids (or by yourself).
• Use and share your belongings; you can't take them with you when you're gone.