Have you ever noticed that the Chinese New Year falls out on a different date from year to year? The date of the Chinese New Year is dictated by the moon. It usually falls out on the on the second new moon after the winter solstice, which this year is February 10th. The energies of the New Year are already flowing in as it pushes out the year of the dragon. Make subtle changes to prepare for this new energy:
1. If you are having negative thoughts, stress, fear or doubt move them aside because the year of the snake will provide what you need.
2. This is the year of the water snake, so welcome the incoming year with water energy represented by the colors black, navy blue or dark green.
3. To reap the generous rewards of the snake energy, you must be cautious in your business, real estate dealings and personal partnerships. Investigate the players and do your homework before you sign any legal documents.
4. The water snake is black like deep water, bringing personal reflection and unexpected changes. It is a time when planning ahead is very valuable so leave spontaneity behind.
5. The year of the snake can be a prosperity year if you stay on budget and use your talents with conscious intention.
Fear of Snakes
Do you suffer from ophidiophobia or fear of snakes? Some believe that this is an evolutionary, survival instinct inherited from our ancestors, yet others think this is a learned behavior. Experts believe that if you find you cannot be in a room with a snake without crying, screaming, trembling or having a full-blown panic attack you should consider seeking help from a mental health professional.
Welcome This Snake With Open Arms
The year of the snake should not make you shudder. Since snakes shed their skin, American Indians believe that they are a symbol of new beginnings. The Chinese understand that their family will never go hungry in the year of the snake. So prepare to celebrate the year of the water snake. It is here bringing you the energy of abundance and endless possibilities!
Debra Duneier is an accredited LEED® Green Associate, Certified Eco-Designer, Feng Shui Master Practitioner, Creator of EcoChi® and an award-winning author of EcoChi: Designing the Human Experience. www.ecochi.com