After climbing twenty spots since last week's Digital Book World Ebook Best-Seller List, Dean Koontz's The Neighbor finds itself within the top five best-selling ebooks of the week.
That's especially noteworthy since the title is a Kindle Single.
Short-form ebooks have generally struggled to gain a foothold in the e-reading market, at least for publishers who've tried to establish them as a core business. Conventional wisdom tends to see them as a form of supplemental content. But cases like this suggest shorter digital titles can meet with success independently, too.
The top ten best-selling ebooks for the week of July 5:
1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (Penguin Random House) -- $4.99
2. Top Secret Twenty-one: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich (Penguin Random House) -- $10.99
3. Invisible by James Patterson; David Ellis (Hachette) -- $8.99
4. The Neighbor (Short Story) (Kindle Single) by Dean Koontz (Penguin Random House) -- $0.99
5. The Goldfinch: A Novel (Pulitzer Prize for Fiction) by Donna Tartt (Hachette) -- $6.99
6. The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Series #2) by Robert Galbraith (Hachette) -- $8.99
7. All Fall Down: A Novel by Jennifer Weiner (Simon & Schuster) -- $10.99
8. Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn (Penguin Random House) -- $8.52
9. Orphan Train: A Novel by Christina Baker Kline (HarperCollins) -- $6.99
10. The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty (Penguin Random House) -- $9.99
See the rest of the top 25 best-selling ebooks this week.