Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl extends its tenure atop the Digital Book World Ebook Best-Seller List for a second week running, as a film adaptation makes its way to theaters this Friday.
The share of titles connected with a movie or TV adaptation, which we pointed out last week stood at twelve titles, or just under half the list, ticks up this week to thirteen as Nicholas Sparks's novel The Best of Me finds a place within the top-25. A film based on the book is due out later this month.
Meanwhile, the higher-priced ebooks continue to perform well, helping to push the average price of a best-selling ebook up to $7.57 from last week's $7.26.
The top ten best-selling ebooks for the week ending September 27:
1. Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn (Penguin Random House) -- $7.99
2. Personal: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child (Penguin Random House) -- $10.99
3. Killing Patton: The Strange Death of World War II's Most Audacious General by Bill O'Reilly; Martin Dugard (Macmillan) -- $9.99
4. Edge of Eternity (Century Trilogy Book 1) by Ken Follett (Penguin Random House) -- $11.99
5. Outlander: A Novel by Diana Gabaldon (Penguin Random House) -- $4.99
6. The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Penguin Random House) -- $5.99
7. Captivated by You (Crossfire Book 4) by Sylvia Day (Penguin Random House) -- $7.99
8. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty (Penguin Random House) -- $10.99
9. Mean Streak by Sandra Brown (Hachette) -- 12.99
10. If I Stay by Gayle Forman (Penguin Random House) -- $4.99
See the rest of the top 25 best-selling ebooks this week.