This week sees an uptick in the number of titles with price tags higher than $10 on the Digital Book World Ebook Best-Seller List.
Only two of them are within the top ten, but altogether nine of the past week's 25 best-selling titles retail for double-digit dollar amounts, helping propel the average price of a best-seller this from $7.74 up to $8.39.
To be fair, Penelope Ward's Stepbrother Dearest, which hit the No. 2 slot last week, is still performing strongly at No. 4, and that title costs only $3.99.
Still, when over one third of the best-selling ebooks on the list cost more than $10 -- especially at a time when lower ebook prices are at the heart of Amazon's platform in its standoff with Hachette -- it's worth taking note.
The top ten best-selling ebooks for the week ending October 11:
1. Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn (Penguin Random House) -- $7.99
2. The Heroes of Olympus (The Blood of Olympus Book 5) by Rick Riordan (Hachette) -- $8.99
3. The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks (Hachette) -- $5.99
4. Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward (Self-published) -- $3.99
5. Deadline (Virgil Flowers Book 8) by John Sandford (Penguin Random House) -- $11.99
6. Burn (Michael Bennett Book 7) by James Patterson; Michael Ledwidge (Hachette) -- $9.99
7. Outlander: A Novel by Diana Gabaldon (Penguin Random House) -- $4.99
8. Killing Patton: The Strange Death of World War II's Most Audacious General by Bill O'Reilly; Martin Dugard (Macmillan) -- $9.99
9. The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Penguin Random House) -- $5.80
10. Gray Mountain: A Novel by John Grisham (Penguin Random House) -- $11.99
See the rest of the top 25 best-selling ebooks this week.