Gillian Flynn's hit Gone Girl trades places with Gray Mountain by John Grisham, ending its six-week run at the top of the Digital Book World Ebook Best-Seller List.
Both titles are published by Penguin Random House, the world's largest trade publisher, which has dominated the rankings for much of the past year.
Nevertheless, self-published authors are holding their own in recent weeks, with Penelope Ward's Stepbrother Dearest still within the top ten for a fifth straight week and joined this week by four other self-published ebooks on the top 25.
The top 10 best-selling ebooks of the week ending November 1:
1. Gray Mountain: A Novel by John Grisham (Penguin Random House) -- $11.99
2. Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn (Penguin Random House) -- $7.99
3. Blood Magick (Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy Book 3) by Nora Roberts (Penguin Random House) -- $6.99
4. Leaving Time: A Novel by Jodi Picoult (Penguin Random House) -- $10.99
5. Deadline (Virgil Flowers Book 8) by John Sandford (Penguin Random House) -- $10.99
6. Burn (Michael Bennett Book 7) by James Patterson; Michael Ledwidge (Hachette) -- $9.99
7. Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward (Self-published) -- $3.99
8. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (Simon & Schuster) -- $6.50
9. Dark Places: A Novel by Gillian Flynn (Penguin Random House) -- $4.99
10. Killing Patton: The Strange Death of World War II's Most Audacious General by Bill O'Reilly; Martin Dugard (Macmillan) -- $11.04
See the rest of the top 25 best-selling ebooks this week.